“She’s All That” (1999) teen rom-com. The show is taken over by far more hilarious hosts this week, with a look at the seminal girl-transforms-herself-for-douchebag “chick-flick” by three of it’s late-90’s target demographic. Join Stephanie, Norah, and Emily as they diagnose Culkin potato face, pen “Sister Prom 2: The Musical”, and attempt to figure out what exactly Usher does at the school (is he a student or an employee?). Just don’t try telling them to ditch their glasses or smile more as the “brain on drugs” girl hears that and more from Buffy’s slow-talking husband.
In all seriousness, though, don’t ever tell a woman (or anyone, really) to “smile more”. It’s incredibly creepy and disrespectful. For real.
Shout-outs mentioned in the show:
- Original “This is your brain on drugs” (early 1990’s) anti-drug PSA: goo.gl/zcE24v
- Updated “This is your brain on drug policy” (2017) anti-war-on-drugs PSA: goo.gl/brHWQw
Featuring audio from:
- Theatrical trailer for “She’s All That” (1999): goo.gl/VIvxuG
- “She’s All That” (1999) movie
This episode of The Dust Off is held together with duct tape and the following contributions:
- Hosted by Stephanie Belyea, Norah Kennedy, and Emily Bossé
- Research by Pat Brennan
- Edited by Stephen Belyea
- Communications managed by Jeremy Fowler
- Theme music from Valery & The Greedies: goo.gl/SrdxGD